The Michael-Ryan Pattison Foundation:
On May 28th of 2005 Michael-Ryan Pattison(MR) broke his neck diving into Lake Chelan. This accident left him a quadriplegic with little movement below his shoulders. Michael-Ryan graduated from Woodinville High School in 2003 where he played all sports. At the time of his accident he was heading into his junior year at Washington State University and was active in basketball, skiing, bird hunting, weight lifting and about everything a 20-year old could do. Following his horrific accident and injury, Michael-Ryan became keenly focused on helping others with spinal cord injuries and has done an excellent job of raising awareness and funding for that cause.
Our mission is to increase the level of awareness and support for those living with paralysis while enabling access to a range of specialized therapies focused on improving their overall quality of life.
The Foundation was organized to establish a world renowned, state-of-the-art, specialized restorative therapy center in King County where those with spinal cord injuries and paralysis have access to the best therapies – specialized equipment, exercise techniques and palliative treatment – designed and administered by leading spinal cord injury specialists and physicians. As well as:
- Inspiring hope & providing opportunities for those living with paralysis to achieve a better quality of life.
- Raise awareness of the therapeutic needs of individuals with spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Aid in the ongoing administration and operation of the therapy center.
- Establish Foundation funding for other charitable, scientiﬁc, and educational purposes related to spinal cord injury, within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
WHAT WE’VE DONE
Since incorporating the Foundation in 2006, we have continued to refine and expand the structure and activities of the organization in order to meet our primary focus – raising funds to open the first free standing, comprehensive rehabilitation Continuum of Care, to bring an extensive therapy program that provides chronic neuro-rehabilitation in the northwest.
- Focus: We are devoted to individuals and families living with spinal cord injuries and paralysis.
- Integrity: We are dedicated to acting in an ethical and honest manner in all dealings.
- Responsiveness: We strive to be accessible and to demonstrate urgency in our resolve and decision-making.
- Accountability: We are committed to measuring & reporting results, using volunteer time and donor dollars wisely.
- Colleagues: We pledge to build lasting partnerships between volunteers and staffs, while continuously seeking valuable alliances with others.